Amazon has introduced the Eleventh-generation model of the Fire 10 HD tablet. This 12 months’s version provides wi-fi charging for the “Plus” mannequin, a brand new entrance digital camera location (now positioned for panorama video chats as a substitute of portrait), and slimmer facet bezels, resulting in a extra symmetrical design.
Detailed specs are on Amazon’s (*10*). The tablet incorporates a 2 GHz MediaTek MT8183 SoC, the identical chip used within the Tenth- and Ninth-gen Fire tablets going again to 2019. This is an eight-core, 12 nm chip with 4 Cortex A73 cores and 4 A53 cores. The GPU is an ARM Mali-G72 MP3. Other specs embody a 10.1-inch, 1920×1200 LCD; 3GB of RAM; 32GB or 64GB of storage; a USB-C port; Wi-Fi as much as 802.11ac; a headphone jack; a microSD slot; and stereo audio system. Amazon says the battery is nice for “12 hours,” which beforehand has indicated a 6300 mAh battery.
True to its kind as a web based retail big, Amazon’s Fire 10 HD is on the market in a bunch of various variations and bundles:
- The base mannequin Fire HD 10 starts at $149.99 with ads and $164.99 with out.
- The Fire HD Plus starts at $179.99 with ads ($194.99 with out) and has 4GB of RAM and Qi wi-fi charging help.
- The Plus mannequin’s Qi help is supposed for a 15W wi-fi charging dock formally known as the “Made for Amazon Wireless Charging Dock for Fire HD 10 Plus (Eleventh Generation)” (Wow). The dock is manufactured by Anker and can kick the tablet into “Show Mode,” turning it into an Alexa good show. Amazon is charging $49.99 for the dock individually, however it’s additionally accessible in a bundle with the Plus tablet for $10 off.
- An official, Fintie-manufactured Bluetooth keyboard case is on the market for $49.99. This is a QWERTY keyboard with a self-supporting hinge that the Fire 10 (or 10 Plus) can slot into. The keyboard has its personal battery and expenses by way of USB-C. Amazon says it is good for 400 hours of utilization or a 12 months of standby time.
- Don’t neglect the youngsters’ variations! Fire HD 10 Kids takes the bottom mannequin Fire 10 HD tablet and slaps it in a “Kid-Proof” case for $199.99. This first model is designed for “youngsters ages 3–7” and consists of 1 12 months of Amazon Kids+, parental controls, and a “2-year worry-free assure.” Amazon says, “If it breaks, return it and we’ll substitute it at no cost.” It seems like the youngsters’ tablets are ad-free.
- There’s additionally the Fire HD 10 Kids Pro tablet, which is for barely older youngsters, ages 6-12. The case is slimmer. It’s still $199.99.
Fire tablets run Amazon’s customized fork of Android, so as a substitute of the Google ecosystem, you may be utilizing the Amazon App Store and Alexa, and you will be pushed to make use of Amazon companies. The 11th-gen model nonetheless runs Fire OS 7, which relies on Android 9 Pie, an OS from 2018. This 12 months, Amazon has determined to not disable split-screen help (built-in since Android 7), so you’ll run two apps facet by facet now.
All the tablets and equipment ship May 26, 2021, however preorders are open right now.
Listing picture by Amazon